The British Dental Association (BDA) is one of the most supportive on the globe, for dentists and on improving patient standards.
Encouraging members to pursue the BDA Good Practice Scheme is about quality assurance for patients. Through self assessment, on site visits and an ongoing commitment to positive development.
Elgin Dental Care are the first practice in the area to qualify for the BDA scheme, which safeguards patients by requiring us to:
- Provide you with dental care of consistently good quality.
- Ensure treatment matches individual needs and wishes.
- Make sure dental treatment is comfortable and convenient.
- Check for mouth cancer and clearly explain what we find.
- Spot symptoms of other medical conditions via oral clues.
- Follow standards on health, safety and infection control.
- Keep our skills up to date and continually improve them.
Being a BDA Good Practice member is not a one off examination. Maintaining the quality of service and identifying opportunities for improvements matter, as they do for those offering national supervision.
UK Dental Oversight
The body which supervises UK healthcare is the Care Quality Commission (CQC). They monitor medical professionals to encourage safe, effective, compassionate care, an overview of our ratings is below:
You are welcome to read our report in more depth at the CQC website. We are rightly proud of what our team have achieved and the value this brings to our patients.
Having orthodontic and implant specialists in house is an asset, our dentists are mature and experienced. Our hygienists and therapists are well trained, all support staff follow the principles of best practice.
Not so many of us wake up wishing we could go to the dentist today but you may come close to that. Knowing that treatment will be provided in a safe, progressive environment and you can enjoy the outcome.