Even with a fine team and equipment to match, a dental practice is only truly helpful if their approach fits with patients lives.
Our flexible opening hours try to reflect your busy schedules, evening, early and weekend appointments are available each week. We also try to provide emergency, or short notice dental appointments.
Whilst we do not interfere, or press information onto you, advice is part of the preventative dentistry our patients and team value. All staff take time to listen, to discuss lifestyle changes, or medical needs.
General check ups are more than that, your jaw function, facial muscles, glands, lymph nodes, thyroid, gums, lips, tonsils and bone structure are checked. Naturally alongside a thorough investigation of your teeth.
Finding early signs of damage, tooth decay, gum disease, or more rarely oral cancer, is the best route to successful, minimal treatment.
A Shared Approach
We always cross reference parts of your examination with x-rays, or other imaging we hold. New x-rays, or investigation with intra oral cameras and decay detecting sensors can quickly bring additional information.
This is your information, which you can see at any time. Discussion with, or explanation from your dentist is welcome, to whatever depth will assist. You are also welcome to complete a dental wish list, which can be reviewed with your dentist.
Where you need a more complex course of treatment, we invite you to what is called an “Options Meeting”. There is no charge for this, you can bring a family member, or friend to support you if you wish.
You have an opportunity to ask questions, treatment choices will be explained, in terms of benefits, risks, timelines and costs. Transparency on fees is important, as are facilities to pay over a period, if you prefer to.
Patients can also directly share in improving treatment. Where possible, we ask you to:
- Provide information we need to treat you effectively, which may include changes to your health, or medication.
- Give two working days notice of appointment cancellations and be as punctual as you can, so we can be the same.
- Advise us immediately if we do anything which does not meet your expectations, open discussion makes treatment work.
Our staff will check that previous treatments are still working, discuss any dental, specialist, or cosmetic treatment you require information on. Great dental care is a mutual achievement, based on communication.
Many of the best aspects of support at Elgin Dental Care have been developed with our patients input. They include:
- Online Registration & Booking – Although more traditional contact methods are entirely welcome.
- An Effective Dental Plan – To provide the latest treatment options and standards, at low monthly fees.
- Privacy & Confidentiality – Which is fit for the modern age and in line with all current legislation.
- Supporting Charities – Recognising that we can extend human values and medical care to a wider community.
- Regulatory Practice – Which ensures any concerns you have are addressed appropriately and professionally.
Good medical care comes from building partnerships with patients. Whether treatment is required to meet a specific need, or to provide lifetime care.